JISD School Board
School Board News
- These items are currently unavailable.
Get a short summary document covering what happened at a particular meeting. We will post a "Board Brief" after each meeting and list them here.
Community Input Welcomed
The School Board welcomes comments, input or suggestions from the public. Communicate your feedback with the Board by emailing comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting your Representative.
Currently Under Board Review
First Readings will be at the August 8 School Board Meeting:
- BBE (LOCAL): Board Members-Authority
- BBD (LOCAL): Board Members-Training and Orientation
- BJCD (LOCAL): Superintendent Evaluation
- CI (LOCAL): School Properties Disposal
- CO (LOCAL): Food Services Management
- COA (LOCAL): Food Services Management-Food Purchasing
- COB (LOCAL): Food Services Management-Free and Reduced-Price Food Program
- CRB (LOCAL): Insurance and Annuities Management-Health and Life Insurance
- EFD (LOCAL): Instructional Resources-Field Trips
- EHBAF (LOCAL): Special Education-Video/Audio Monitoring
- EHBE (LOCAL): Special Programs-Bilingual Education/ESL
- EHBL(LOCAL): Special Programs-High School Equivalency
- EIA (LOCAL) LDU: Academic Achievement-Grading/Progress Reports to Parents
- EIC (LOCAL) LDU: Academic Achievement-Class Ranking
- FNF (LOCAL): Student Rights and Responsibilities-Interrogations and Searches
Second Reading will be at the August 8 School Board Meeting:
- None at this time
Employee Communication With School Board Members
According to Texas Education Code 11.1513:
(j) The employment policy may not restrict the ability of a school district employee to communicate directly with a member of the board of trustees regarding a matter relating to the operation of the district, except that the policy may prohibit ex parte communication relating to: (1) A hearing under Subchapter E or F, Chapter 21; and (2) Another appeal or hearing in which ex parte communication would be inappropriate pending a final decision by a school district board of trustees.